A mini tummy tuck is the least invasive type of abdominoplasty and a great procedure option for women who are looking to address aesthetic imperfections in the lower belly region. It also happens to be one of the most cost-efficient abdominal contouring cosmetic surgery. It is important that if you are planning to have this treatment, you understand how much you can expect to pay for the surgery. This post explores the cost of a tummy tuck in Baton Rouge and breaks down the various fees that contribute to your expenditure.
Factors that contribute to the total cost of your mini tummy tuck
The following independent factors will affect how much you pay for your partial abdominoplasty:
- Extent of the procedure – different mini tummy tucks entail varying levels of operation. In some cases, the surgeon may only need to remove excess fat while in some other situations tightening of loose and sagging skin is also required.
- Volume of fat removed – the size of the area being operated on will vary from one patient to the other. Patients who need a lot of lower abdomen fat removed or have excess sagging skin can expect to pay more for this treatment.
- Type of anesthesia used – plastic surgeons may use local or general anesthesia to ensure your comfort and safety while performing this type of abdominoplasty. This will directly impact the cost of the surgery. The cost of general anesthesia may vary from $425 and $1,800, while local anesthesia may go for between $500 and $3,500.
- Number of procedures included – lifting and tightening of lower abdominal tissue through a mini tummy tuck may not be enough to attain the level of recontouring that you are looking for. You may need an extra procedure such as liposuction in order to meet your aesthetic goals. Keep in mind that this will directly play into the cost of your surgery.
- Surgeon’s reputation and exercise – plastic surgeons have varying rates for the same type of procedure based on their reputation and experience level. Less experienced surgeons can be expected to charge a bit less for this treatment, but there is a higher chance you may not be happy with the outcome of your treatment. You may also need to spend much more if at all there are complications or you need to have a revision procedure.
- Geographical location – your geographical location can have a profound impact on the cost of your mini tummy tuck. Cities such as San Francisco where the cost of living is much higher tend to cost more for the same procedure.
- Advanced surgical techniques – surgeons who utilize the latest technology and surgical techniques can be expected to charge more for partial abdominoplasty. This however increases the likelihood of patient satisfaction and improves safety.
How much do you pay for a tummy tuck in Baton Rouge?
Patients in Baton Rouge can expect to pay anywhere between $5,000 and $7,000 for a partial abdominoplasty. Health insurers typically do not pay for this treatment because it is considered to be an elective procedure (not a medical necessity). During your visit to Dr. Sanchez’s Baton Rouge office, the surgeon’s team will provide an individualized cost estimate so you can make arrangements for financing.
How do you finance your tummy tuck?
Given that a mini tummy tuck is not covered by health insurers, it is important that you figure out how to pay for this procedure. There are various financing options that you could utilize:
- Save for the surgery – you can break down the total cost of your mini tummy tuck in monthly payments that you then save. This will enable you to have this procedure in the future (possibly in months). If you already have money in the bank, then you can go right ahead and finance the procedure from there.
- Surgeon financing plans – some plastic surgeons may offer in-house financing plans that enable you to distribute the cost of this surgery into monthly installments without having to pay interest. Many surgeons however prefer not to be involved in the financial aspects of your surgery. Still, they may be able to accept credit financing from credible third-party providers.
- Take a personal loan – unsecured personal loans are another good option to finance your mini tummy tuck procedure. This allows you to borrow a lump sum amount (usually ranging from $1,000 to $50,000) and payback in monthly installments at a fixed annual interest rate.
Schedule your initial consultation today
Now that you know how much a partial abdominoplasty costs in Baton Rouge, the next step is to plan your procedure. Attending an initial consultation visit with Dr. Sanchez in Baton Rouge office is a great first step. During this visit, the surgeon and his team should be able to answer any questions you may have about your procedure and detail what you can expect from the recovery process. The surgeon’s office will also be able to provide an individualized total cost estimate based on the specifics of your abdominal surgery.